Tuesday 14 June 2011

Today, Last night and Saturday..

Today

The sun was shining rather brightly today so it was an early finish and off to Stamford Bridge near York to watch the Yorkshire 2nds v Derbyshire at cricket.  I know someone who plays for them, Alex Lees.  He got 96 before edging a catch to the wicket keeper - unlucky Alex.

No entry fee, just sunshine, a picnic and the sound of leather on willow...
only in Englands green and pleasant land.




Last Night


Ollie receiving his BRONZE* award for Beavers.  The highest award a Beaver can attain.  Here he is being presented it by his 'Cub' leader.  Well done Ollie!
*Silver in Cubs, Gold in Scouts.

Saturday

As it was another nice day on Saturday I took Ollie to 'Sunnydale' reservoir, an old stomping ground of mine when I was growing up...previously I had taken him to the 'Dimps' where he became an honoury Dimps boy!


It's a nice place and I noticed some changes too.  We'll be going again to explore further..if I can persuade Ollie I was only kidding about the grass snakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.