Friday 3 June 2011

Blast from the past - Part 5

Random Leeds Utd pics

Have had some funny times following Leeds and could write a book on these exploits.  Ther are not too many photos representing these exploits as no one took a camera to the game, why would you?  Anyway here's some that will conjure up some memories for some who view this blog but the rest of you might find them interesting..

Firstly, I held a season ticket for 4 consecutive years, for a large part the following two pics show the view I had from my seat in the 'new' East Stand.  My seat even had my name printed on it! (Which stopped us ripping them out and throwing them on the pitch if we lost lol)




























The Kop, home of footballs most notorious football supporters.  We are leeds!  Many a happy
year spent on here cheering the lads and abusing the opposition.

Sneaked into the ground one day as I was passing by.  Here's me on my beloved kop - the Gelderd End.

Me in the dug out - come on lads!!

Had numerous trips to Wembley - here's some of the lads I used to 'tour' with with our flag on
Wembley Way with the famous twin towers in the background.

On tour in Bournemouth in 90-91.  Unfortunately Bournemouth was destroyed over two days of
drunken hooliganism which has been well documented elsewhere.


On the final day of the 90-91 season Sheffield Utd had a chance of being promoted - we pipped them
to that promotion.  So on the way back from Bournemouth we took the Battlebus to
Sheffields Utd ground and left them a little message.
The poster we left says 'We are the Champions, stuff you Bertie Bassett, Leeds Leeds leeds"
How we laughed :)


Enjoying some San Miguel in Madrid before the Real Madrid v Leeds Champions League match.
At the end of the afternoon I had to hold my brother up with one hand and feed him tapas sausages
with the other - the dribbling baboon.





































My brother Eddie and me slightly ..er ..merry out side the Bernabeu stadium
home of Real Madrid


The 'Firm'.  The lads that get together for the special games.  Here we are enjoying a tipple in Kilburn
North London before a play off final.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.