Wednesday 1 June 2011

Birds in your garden

Do you put food out for the birds in your garden?  If not, why not?  If you do I'm sure like me you will be amazed at how quickly word get's around in the bird world and you'll be both amazed and pleased at the multitude of visitors to your garden.  If you don't put food out you are missing out.

Here is a list of birds I have actually spotted in the last ten days visiting my front garden where my feeders are;

Blue Tit, Great tit, Coal tit (including a family of four just fledged chicks), Long tailed tits
Chaffinch, Goldfinches, Greenfinch
House Sparrow, Tree Sparrow, Dunnock (aka Hedge sparrow)
Robin
Wren
Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove
Greater Spotted Woodpecker (yup, and I know where it is nesting and have seen the young)
Magpie
Blackbird

Obviously there are more birds flying over and past but the above list are birds that have actually stopped and visited my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.