Sunday 8 July 2012

Summer?

Hi all

Have we had summer yet?

I feel like we haven't.  The recent weather of the last month had made it feel like it's just been showers, rain and leaden skies since just after Spring.  We are already past the mid summer point and Autumn starts in September!  It's been rather doom gloomy and wet!  So, i decided to check out some of my photos's and resurrect which little bit of summer we've had - to prove that at some point we have seen the golden orb in the sky..but first

I just thought I'd drop in some details from recent activities.  Continuing the birding theme I photographed a new bird for me, a Linnet.  I saw this one at the 'Hillman' bunker inland from Sword beach.  I had just finished looking over this large intact bunker complex when over popped the Linnet to say hello.  He was incredibly friendly and allowed me to get quite close to photograph him.

My first Linnet - I've called him Hillman

I thought this was interesting.  I can look at all sorts of stats about who, when, where visits are made to my blog.
I'm getting views from right across the globe!  Don't know what the Argies make of it all, I think i better post some pro Falkand Islands stuff!  I see a few Japanese keep popping in too?



SUMMER

A meadow near me...the buttercups reaching out and upwards to the sun..

What does the song go like .."there's nothing quite nice ..da da da da da da than messing about on the water!"

G&T in the sun...in France

The shorts have been out..it must have nice!

"I'm gonna eat you little fishy.."

Spring and Summer all rolled into one, Hawthorn under clear blue skies

Lovely evening summer scapes ..

Let's hope this isn't the sunset on the British summer..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.