Saturday 7 July 2012

Ghosts .... do you believe?

Ghost's?  Do you believe in them...I'd like to know.

Personally I don't and this is even after seeing one or one that could have been.  It was when I was living in East Morton so I suppose I was between the ages of 13 to 18.  I believe it was nearer 13 as this was on a family holiday to Cornwall and the three of us lads were in the back in the car.  As usual on these long journeys Dad would set off at silly o'clock so Des, Ed and me would sleep most of the way there, I mean, I suppose he could only take so much of "Dad, are we there yet?", "I need the toilet", "Mum, Ed is poking me", "I don't feel well, I think I'm going to be sick", "Des is taking too much room" and likewise we would avoid Dads embarrassing question.."Who's popping?"  For the record it was always Ed :)

Anyway, to avoid rambling like Ronnie Corbett telling one of his jokes, back to the tale.  As we were leaving morton village and turning down Morton lane, about midnight, we passed the Church and lo and behold there's an apparition of a woman dressed head to toe in white flowing gowns floating through the churchyard!  I kid you not.  Des, Ed and myself all saw this *Ed, Des can you leave a comment to confirm please.

To this day I don't know what it was, it was definitely and clearly a woman, dressed in white.  Yes , she appeared to be floating/gliding but i equally admit that although highly unlikely it could have been a woman in fancy dress (it looked like a wedding dress to me), but at midnight, in a church graveyard, on her own!  I wonder.

We've all probably had strange things happen, things move, go missing, strange noises, strange glimpses for a second...what are your instances?  Email me them at  adymsmith@googlemail.com and I'll post them or just add a comment.

Anyway, i've discovered a photo of Richard Zannuck *sic the famous film director who filmed 'The Longest Day'.  The following is a picture taken of him relaxing on set.  This picture is a photo of the photo that i took whilst on holiday in St Mere Eglise, Normandy.  Look at the girl over his shoulder...should she be there?  Is she floating?  where are her legs?

Strange...

Is this a ghost?  If you click on the picture you should get a bigger image.

2 comments:

  1. kenneth.neild@sky.com11 July 2012 at 12:59

    Hi Aid Milly says she seen one it was a women in white robes sitting on the edge of her bed she thinks it could have been her mother as she died when she was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken/Millie. Interesting. The thing i find strange is similar to the Fermi paradox which states about UFO's "..if there are so many planets that support life and so many visitations by Aliens..where are they all?" Suppose this could apply to ghosts. So many sightings but where is the irrefutable proof?

    Glad you are checking out my blog and I look forward to reading more of your comments when you feel obliged. Au revoir!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.