Tuesday 7 August 2012

WALES

This weekend Jo and myself took a trip to Snowdonia National Park.  Stopping at the Meadowsweet Hotel in Llanwrst we had chance to go walking in the Gwydwr Forest, visit Castles at Caenarfon and Conwy and go to the summit of Snowdon.

A short break in a very picturesque part of Wales, lot's of good food, sunshine, clean air it's a just a shame the Welsh live there.

Anyway, he's a few pics

Walking by the river here I looked back to see our Hotel, the Meadowsweet.
Our room is the middle widow first floor.  Lovely place to stay.

Part of the view out of the bedroom (room) window.  FANTASTIC!

Morning or evening, strange mist/cloud formations would appear...

This is Saturday and we are walking in the Gwndyr Forest that overlooks Llanwrst.
Our Hotel is in the small town below...

Another view of the valley....

ust waiting for slow coach Jo..as usual..

On our way to Snowdon through the hills and Valleys of Snowdonia National Park

Onboard the Snowdonia Railway..which gives some spectacular views

One of the trains arriving at the summit

Speaking of the summit, here I am atop it!

The cloud/mist/weather changes every 60 seconds...here I get a tantalising glimpse of
far distant views

Here I've captured a Herring Gull circulating around the summit in a gap in the cloud...Snowdonia's slopes visible in the background..

Again you can see the changing views as the mist/cloud changes and swirls
before your very eyes.

My friend the Herring Gull coming back to check me out..

Stood on the very precipice..one more step backwards....and the Insurance will pay me out handsomely 


Sunny Sunday and Caenarfon Castle..

Whilst England was paddling I was sunbathing!  This is a truly huge Castle!

Swallow falls just outside Betswy y Coed ...

Quite a long range of falls from top to bottom.
I've slowed the shutter speed on these shots to 'blur' the water..

..which for me gives a better impression of 'water movement'..
I'm becoming a right David bailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.