Sunday 20 January 2013

Albino Deer!

I'm back!

A new year and new impetus.

After a couple of months of being busy I'm back on the blog.  Got quite a bit of material to post so keep coming back to check for updates.  Please send me contributions too as I'd like to see (and will use) any material you want to send be it interesting articles for debate, photo's you've taken or anything humorous!

Todays post is literally hot of the press.  Today i've visited my local wood for a walk and to see what was about...i wasn't disappointed...

Firstly, this shot is actually taken in my garden.  A bird i hadn't seen until last year and now it's visiting my garden to feed!  This is a Fieldfare.  The Fieldfare is a rare breeder in the UK but visits us in large numbers in the winter.  

Fieldfare again but this shot is taken during my wood walk this morning.

Again from my garden.  I spotted this one from the kitchen window...there was (and still is) a flock of about 30 to 40 of them around the houses by me.

What a bonus for me during the walk.  I spotted this group of deer on the edge of the wood...the last deer in the pack suggests these are Fallow deer but i stand to be corrected.  What is highly unusual though and VERY rare is the Albino amongst them!


The deer actually ran right past me, then took off across the field after noticing me.  At one point they were about 5ft from me.
Again notice the Albino deer.

Off they go to safety 

Another good spot for me.  The elusive Goldcrest.  The Goldcrest is the UK's smallest bird.
Although there are many of them they are just hard to spot!

Another shot showing it's famous Gold stripe on it's head.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.