Wednesday 11 April 2012

Easter...

Hi all

Had a quiet Easter.  Didn't see Olly which was a real downer so took myself out and about.

Went to Bempton cliffs on Sunday looking for the Puffins that had been sighted.  They had arrived early this year but by late Saturday afternoon had taken themselves out to sea to feed.  Once they go out to see they go out for tens of miles and can be gone for days.  Unlucklily, I didn't see them on Sunday.  Soon they'll be nesting on the cliffs and there will thousands of them so I'll wait till May now to guarantee a sighting.

Here's a few pics anyway..

These magnificent Roe deer I captured on film less than 1 minute from my house (by car)

They are often spotted grazing in fields to the left of Hollins Hill...

This time i spotted them and stopped the car to photograph them..

Then just through Otley and into the Wharfe valley I spotted a resplendent Red Kite soaring above the car..
Unfortunately the leaden sky and bad light stopped me from being able to pick out the colouring..

Puffin hunting at Bempton Cliffs...




Here's a video of a Mink i spotted down by the river at the reserve..very unusual!
It just goes to show the diverse nature that is active down by my local river.
You've just got to get out there to see it and enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos! I enjoy them very much! Hope to see more photos soon

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.